Loveray Search

Custom Search

Playasia

Playasia Games

The Fountain Movie Review


The Fountain stars Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz. This is a very hard movie to classify. It has elements of science fiction, drama and fantasy all mixed up in telling the story of a man, spanning three time periods, trying to reach the secret of immortality.

With a budget of $35 million, The Fountain contains great visual effects especially during scenes involving the ecospheric spacecraft which contained the Tree of Life.

It could be quite hard to comprehend the story as The Fountain is portrayed in three interweaving narratives which stretch from 16th century Spain to the modern day to deep space in the 26th century.

I have to admit that you need to think a bit to have a grasp of what's happening in The Fountain. It is a good movie to watch when you desire a breath of fresh air in your normal movie genre lineups.


My Love For Life Movie Review Rating: 3.5/5

1 Life quote shouts:

Uri Kalish said...

I saw this movie a few weeks ago. Personally, I loved the plot, the acting, the graphics and the fact that after the movie ends you had to think about it to connect all the dots. It is about life, it is about death, it is about love. I finished watching this movie at 3 AM, went to bed, woke up my wife and told her we’re both taking a day off the next day. Maybe this movie isn’t the greatest cinematic creation ever made, but it granted me an extra beautiful day with my wife, an achievement no other movie can claim.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright xsigns